Skip to main content

Let stick with each other🖇

 

If, like me, you’re one of those people who’s always staring at your phone, you’re potentially doing yourself all sorts of bad, not just because of the eye strain, but because of the strain it can put on your mental capacity and relationships – and also your career. (In other news, “texting hunch” is actually a bunch of baloney. So, there’s that.)


I’m going to suggest a challenge, which I propose to undertake along with you – let’s all put our phones away for a week, and take them out only when we are alone.


I got the idea from this article by Aja Frost at The Muse, which I found inspiring.


Here are five reasons we should all put our damned phones away. Keep in mind that I am also an offender, and am therefore admonishing myself as much as anyone else here.


You’ll actually know what the heck is going on. When you’re reading text messages or mindlessly scrolling through Facebook or Twitter while someone else is talking, you’re only going to absorb a fraction of what is said. It might be important, insightful, valuable, funny, fascinating – and you’re missing it. How many times have we sat across from someone at the dining table, chattering away, until we realize they haven’t heard a word we’ve said? Once is too many. Also, you’re not missing as much as you think you are when you don’t look at your phone.


You’re less likely to fall into a manhole. It’s true. When you’re actually looking where you’re going, you’re less likely to fall into a manhole. You’re also less likely to get hit by a car, walk into a post, or trip over something. In 2011, more than 1150 American pedestrians were treated in ERs for injuries related to texting and walking. Be careful out there.


There are actually a lot of nice things to look at. It’s been said time and time again that exposure to green space can improve mood and mental health. But you can’t see nature if, whenever you walk through a park, you’re staring down at your phone. Other things that are nice to look at might include people, smiling children, dogs, cars, architecture, the sky, clouds, the sun, and store windows. If you look up from your phone, you might be shocked that there is a whole world of things going on around you. This might also lead to new insights and ideas. Give it a try.



So, that’s it. Let’s all put our phones away and not look at them unless we are alone. I’m not sure if, say, public transit qualifies as “alone” but I don’t think I’m going to include that in off time myself, and I will allow myself to listen to podcasts when walking. You can make your own rules. There’s no referee.


You in?


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

IDOL🎻

  IDOL ” was the lead single from South Korean boy band BTS and their third compliation album “ Love Yourself: Answer” which was released in 2018. The song is a mix between K-Pop and EDM, and was written by Bang Si-hyuk, Roman Campolo, Kang Hyo-won, Nam-joom, Shin Dong-hyuk and Ali Tamposi, with production done by Pdogg. An alternative version was released featuring American rapper Nicki Minaj. “IDOL” explores the concept of identity and being an idol for yourself, rather than anyone else. After the track’s release, it inspired an internet dance challenge called the “Idol Challenge”, showing fans dancing along to the chorus of the song to the song’s choreography. The music video for “IDOL” was uploaded to YouTube on the 24th August 2018 through Big Hit Labels channel. Directed by YongSeok Choi, the video shows BTS in bright and colourful backgrounds with animated sea life behind them, while they travel through colourful various locations. As of late October 2020, the video has 773.3 mi

PEACE

  Isn't it true that you can only make peace and reconcile people if you yourself are at peace ? So why should we use harsh words to change anyone? Has hatred or cruelty ever done anyone any good?  I don't believe we ever get better by focusing on the outside world all the time. 

My baby's not gonna share me

 Reading my title above you must thought about that am going to share my some love story with you all😂. But this time my baby is not someone but it is something to which I am engaged for 3/4 years. Oh! my baby don't leave me alone This is actually my cell phone that is so closer to me all the time and I just want to spent hours and hours using it.But whenever I just have do some work or even when I have to study, "my baby don't want me to share" with books, tv ,sports or any other thing which I am working with. Whenever I think that I should have to go to study It just come infront of me like "Ha Ha Ha" It had made me so addicted that now I never have time for anything else in the world but still, My parents should be so proud of me because I'm addicted to the Internet and not drugs !